To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to take an initial wireframe or design and build this into the WordPress platform, ideally not relying on the use of any front-end frameworks (for example, Bootstrap or Foundation), You should have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Experience with responsive and adaptive design is of course a must.
- Identify user and system requirements for new websites and applications
- Prioritise software development projects, set timelines and assign tasks to team members
- Write or review code for various applications
- Run functionality testings and debug code
- Oversee web developers and evaluate their performance
- Liaise with designers to decide on UI/UX elements (like graphics and navigation buttons)
- Ensure our software documentation and standards are up-to-date
Must have experience
- Excellent knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Ability to write SASS/SCSS code.
- Familiar with using NPM for running build tasks.
- Experience in using MySQL for databases.
- Excellent knowledge of PHP
- Deep understanding of WordPress development
Nice to have experience
- Adobe CC software.
- Ability to use LESS.
- Understanding of using Git.
Who we are
We’re a close-knit team of marketeers, technologists and creatives, with offices in Kent, London and now, our homes! We have combined skills across brand, campaign, digital, media, PR and social, working together to bring businesses closer to their audiences.
We have a wide range of customers, from food and beverages, to travel and destination, all the way through to Fin and MedTechPeople matter to us more than anything, whether that’s our clients, our staff, or those people that we are aiming to engage on behalf of our clients.
We will offer a creative, progressive, and fun environment, to the right person who’s serious about their agency career and who wants to be part of a team, with the responsibility, respect, consideration and dedication that requires.
What we look for in all our staff
- Energy and focus.
- Confidence in your own abilities.
- Paired with more than a healthy dose of humility (Our golden rule? Don’t be a dick).
- A desire to help your team members and your clients.
- A growth mindset. We want you to embrace challenge, we don’t want you to be afraid of failure, of getting things ‘wrong’. We grow by recognising our mistakes, experimenting and learning new ways of dealing them. We promise to support you on this journey.