Salary: £18,000 – £21,000 P/A
We’re recruiting for a Junior WordPress Developer to join our multi-disciplined team at Kent’s leading integrated agency, Zest.
The role will be suitable if you have experience with WordPress and are looking to move into a company who can offer unique projects as well as being a part of a superb team who are passionate about creating the best websites for their clients whilst upholding a high level of customer service.
As a part of a growing company, you’ll be working on pre-existing projects, making updates and changes to client websites, as well as supporting the development team on new website design and builds.
You’ll be given the opportunity to learn and develop your skills working alongside the senior dev team, who will support you in your career development and provide you with the tools and training needed to succeed in this highly competitive market.
This opportunity has routes for progression and is very well suited to a recent graduate with some commercial experience.
We reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including:
- at least 25 days’ holiday (plus additional time off between Christmas and NY, dependent on workload)
- hybrid remote/office working, with flexible working hours, plus a choice of working from either of our two offices (Chatham and Ashford)
- personal development and innovation time booked in daily as part of your scheduled hours
- and of course all the expected things like pension scheme and staff socials.
- Assisting in the creation of bespoke websites for clients.
- Completing updates to pre-existing websites when required
- Supporting on QA and UAT
- Updating Senior Developers and Project Manager on progress of assigned tasks.
- Developer experience (preferably 1 year)
- Strong HTML5/CSS3 knowledge
- Experience of custom WordPress theme development
- Understanding of coding bespoke WordPress plugins
- An awareness of coding within WordPress or similar PHP based frameworks
- Passionate about Development
- Fantastic customer service
Who we are
We’re a close-knit team of marketeers, technologists and creatives, with offices in Ashford and Chatham and now of course, our homes! We have combined skills across digital, campaign, brand, media, PR and social, working together to bring businesses closer to their audiences.
We have a wide range of customers, from food and beverages, to travel and destination, all the way through to Fin and MedTech
People matter to us more than anything, whether that’s our clients, our staff, or those that we are aiming to engage on behalf of our clients.
We will offer a creative, progressive, and fun environment, to the right person who’s serious about their agency career and who wants to be part of a team, with the responsibility, respect, consideration and dedication that requires.
What we look for in all our staff
- Energy and focus.
- Confidence in your own abilities.
- Paired with more than a healthy dose of humility (Our golden rule? Don’t be a dick).
- A desire to help your team members and your clients.
A growth mindset. We want you to embrace challenge, we don’t want you to be afraid of failure, of getting things ‘wrong’. We grow by recognising our mistakes, experimenting and learning new ways of dealing them. We promise to support you on this journey.
Send your CV to: [email protected]